June 18, 2014
STF Meeting Minutes
June 18, 2014
In attendance: Stephanie Madsen, Kallie Leschen-Lindell, Dave Derosier, Jonathan Murray, Dina Pandya, Ken Kostel, Ann Devenish, Valerie Caron
- Kallie has started surveying various labs and measuring energy consumption of equipment
- discussion of using a few labs as samples so that we can begin to quantify the potential savings
- identifying freezers and refrigerators around campus that can be emptied of old samples or consolidated and then providing tips for purchasing new energy efficient refrigerators
- the steps used in assessing labs could go onto STF site so that other labs can refer to them
Discussion of a Woods Hole Earth Day next year
- contact CLC now to give months in advance notice about a potential event
- guidelines for replacing dehumidifiers, buying LED lights etc. at event
Electric Car Charging Station
- Kallie will talk to Megan Amsler on Falmouth Energy Committee about whether the town is still able to pay for the stations
- potentially one in Clark lot, one in the village
Atlas water filters
- Where on campus is it possible to make the switch based on price and willingness to do so?
Green Tips List
- Kallie will start compiling a Green Tips list based on CLC tips or Harvard’s sustainability program so that these can be available on the STF’s webpage and WHOI Headlines.
Prioritized Intern Task list
- Went through Intern Suggested Responsibilities and prioritized the tasks for Kallie to tackle. Feel free to make suggestions or additions!