June 15, 2016
STF Meeting Minutes
Date: June 15th, 2016, Bigelow 217
Location: Clark 237
Present: Dave Derosier, Sean Medeiros, Dina Pandya, Danie KinKade, Patty Mahoney, Kevin Karanagh and Stephanie Madsen
#1 WSS (WHOI Social Sustainability) – Events have been going great! Thanks to Kevin + Al, members of the Recreation Committee, we now have, in addition to bocce and corn hole, tennis racquets, balls + volleyballs. Storage sheds, intended to house the gear, are being delivered soon to each campus.
- July events have been scheduled. Check out Headlines for future event dates!
#2 Clean Energy Center Intern (CEC) – Three interns, Moira, Brianna and Michael, are available to help us with the following tasks:
- monitoring eGauge metering data at Bell, Challenger, Fenno + Server room in Clark. Analyze for inconsistencies and identify ways to save money on energy bill.
- analyzing 2014 and/or 2015 utility data
- help in facilitating WSS events (Whoi Social Sustainability)
- update STF Website / and outdated transportation webpages (http://www.whoi.edu/WHOI/transportation/bicycling.htm)
- power down sticker campaign (help Andrea)
- solar parking lot research
- Meet Megan + new interns to discuss tasks (Done June24 -SM)
#3 : WHOI Appreciation Picnic– We debriefed on composting at the event. Lessons learned:
- Hide the trash barrels (it gets confusing for people)
- Add another composting bin (we had 3…need 4)
- Add recycling bins (they were overflowing!) Bring big blue bins out from CRL to aid with that
- Remember these lessons for next year’s event! (SM + PM)
#4 Metering eGauge update:All eGauges and Ethernet connections (thanks Matt!) have been installed (Fenno, Bell, Challenger + Computer Server Room).
- Group will meet Tuesday, July 5th at 1:00 in IS Conference Room to discuss data management, storage + dashboard features (SM) Please let me know if you want to attend.
#5 EV Charging Stations- Wediscussed user feedback, rate in particular. Several users think rate of $1.25 per hour is too high
- Drop rate to $1.00/hour (for the time being) (SM)
- Bring EV users together in meeting format to discuss rates and whether they want internet connectivity (SM)
#6 Skip the Straw Campaign – Danie KinKade explained her daughter’s group efforts regarding Skip the Straw (and single use plastics) campaign. STF offered support – come help at a beach cleanup if you can!
- Skip straws at Buttery, including plastic stirrers (they met with Steve Senior on June 20)
- Help with Beach Cleanup (dates tbd)
#7 Bike Update – Steph and Rick wrote upCapital Budget Proposal (Steph + Rick)
- Proposing installation of two bike enclosures (30 bikes) x 2 locations (Quissett Campus + Village)-
- Submit proposal at end of June (R.Galat)
- Or integrate into WHOI’s Strategic Plan (DD)
- Dave suggested short term bike storage options: Swift Barn, Crowell house