July 20, 2016
STF Meeting Minutes
Date: July 20th, 2016,
Location: MRF 204
Present: Dave Derosier, Sean Medeiros, Dan Lopes, Dina Pandya, Patty Mahoney, Ann Devenish, Sebastien Bigorre, Andrea Harvey, Kevin Kavanagh, Brianna Pingree (CEC intern) and Stephanie Madsen
#1 WSS (WHOI Social Sustainability) – Events have been going great! We held many in July and enjoyed meeting new people!
- WSS/Recreation Sheds now located on both campuses – one against CRL by soccer field, and one against garden shed on lawn in front of Walsh Cottage. Games include: bocce, corn hole, tennis racquets, balls + volleyballs, horse shoes, badminton
- Need to schedule August WSS events..Ken – tag?. Check out Headlines for future event dates!
- Email Janet Fields to help disseminate WSS events (SM)
#2 Power Down Stickers – We discussed options for encouraging people to decrease energy use, and immediately following our meeting, both Dan + Sean designed a Power Down sticker:
- Eric Taylor will draft final copy for print (SM + ET)
- Order #__? (DD + SM)
#3 Clean Energy Center Intern (CEC) – Brianna Pingree attended our meeting and gave us an update on their progress with the following items:
- monitoring eGauge metering data at Bell, Challenger, Fenno + Server room in Clark. Analyze for inconsistencies and identify ways to save money on energy bill.
- entering 2014 and 2015 utility data into EPA’s benchmark software – this will be a great comparison with 2012 data plotted last year.
- update STF Website / and outdated transportation webpages (http://www.whoi.edu/WHOI/transportation/bicycling.htm)
- solar parking lot research
- Dina meet with interns to discuss website upgrades (DP)
#4 : Metering eGauge update:eGauge data is streaming live! (Fenno, Bell, Challenger + Computer Server Room-Scylla Cluster).
- Establish host machine for data. Will it be the new VRM machines? Who will cover costs? (DD+ Ron in IS)
- Work on code for software display format for real time data (SM + Greg Fiske)
These are the displays set up now (1:30pm on Thursday, Aug. 11, 2016)
#5 Bike Update Capital Budget Proposal has been submitted (Steph + Rick)
- Proposed bike enclosure (30 bikes) x 2 locations (Quissett Campus + Village)- stay tuned
- Valerie requested covered bike storage at dorms (DP?)
- Add bike racks to the following locations: Fenno, Smith, Bigelow, Dorms, Redfield, (RG)
#6 Town of Falmouth Energy update- A few members met with Paul Gentile, Town of Falmouth Energy Manager, to gather more information about project options. Very informal info gathering phase. Learned a lot about the town’s successes!
#7 Building Reps Update- We discussed a need for Building Reps to meet again to share successes and insights.
- Schedule follow up meeting (SM) – Done – we met on July 29th and shared documents to post at each of our buildings.
- Share buildings savings data with WHOI community…such as Watson upgrades that save us $70,000 a year in utility bills. Great job Dave + Rick!!