July 15, 2020
Attendance: Mindy Richlen, Jed Goldstone, Sarah Fuller, Stephanie Madsen, Mai Maheigan, Helen Harding, Kelsey Perry + Maggie Paul (CEC Interns)
#1 We reviewed the flyers created by our CEC Interns Maggie Paul and Kelsey Perry:
- Climate change Covid flyer- reviewed with STF and sent to ROOT team for review
- EV flyers for WHOI employees (to encourage purchase of EV)- we reviewed the final copy – Map of charging ports added to back page.
- LED installation pre- and post- flyers to help improve communication with occupants (I sent the post-flyer to Redfield occupants on July 13th. Installation was completed in June)
- ShareWare bin proposal for microgrant with MassDEP was created. We’ll wait until post-covid when we can actually use re-usable plates and cutlery to submit grant.
- Update energy data in Energy Star Portfolio Manager (Maggie working on 2017, 2018, 2019 data. THANK YOU!)
- Advertise Black Earth Compost as new Falmouth/WH commercial composting vendor (on hold during Covid)
- Research composting grant for Buttery Cafe - ~$3,000/year needed (on hold until covid ends)
- Steph + CEC interns plan a follow-up meeting to discuss utility data for Portfolio Manager and next steps
- CEC interns write up a brief Massachusetts energy legislation update (ex. Carbon neutral requirements by 2050). This will be something we can forward to WHOI Leadership.
- Possibly change a couple of details on flyers i.e., icons to reflect written content, add glove recycling link to Covid flyer and add Building name in LED energy savings flyer (Helen or Kelsey)
#2 MassEvolves EV Program Plan.
- The EV Pledge was signed May 27, 2020 and Action Plan submitted in June. We discussed the Plan with the group and started thinking about how to accomplish goals we pledged. We will be invited annually to a meeting at the State House – would love members of STF to attend.
- Print and post EV Flyers on buildings to encourage purchasing of EVs by employees (done HH)
#3 STF’s Instagram Account- Kelsey and Helen gave a brief update, explaining that we are in preparation phase and won’t launch the site for a month or so.
- Please take pictures and upload to the Insta folder on google drive or send to Helen at email@example.com
- Follow up meeting scheduled for Friday, July 24th at 10:00am
#4 Solar Updates– We discussed the Clark + Clark So solar status and thought out approaches for NQF rooftop and carport funding
- Ongoing project = Clark + Clark So roof install update – probs end of September installation if permits are signed and filed
- Future project = NQF rooftop and/or carport. We discussed costs estimates $ and approaches for appropriations. We’d like to partner with Whoi’s Development team to discuss next steps. Cost estimates - Rooftop - $147,000 (138 panels)= $1,065/panel, Carport - $1.4 million (861 panels)= $1,626/panel
- Members expressed that focusing on ROI will be key
- Reach out to Development to discuss next steps for procuring funds to NQF (SM + STF interested members)
# 5 Beekeeping Update - The Beekeeping team is making great strides with a beehive/box setup.
- Contact Danie Kinkade firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d like to volunteer and to be added to the beekeeping list serve.
- Fill out the liability waiver
- Sign up to volunteer on the Google Calendar
#6 Bike Award - We were awarded $1,800 from Woods Hole Foundation for $1,800 to support 10 additional bikes for our Bike Loaner Program 2020. Big THANKS to WH Foundation! We are grateful!
#7 New Business