December 20, 2017
Attendance: Stephanie Madsen, Pam Polloni, Scott Lindell, Dina Pandya
#1 The Climate Science Special Report has been published (NCA4, Volume 1) https://science2017.globalchange.gov/
- send webinar slides highlighting content in report (SM)
- Send Video link to League of Women Voters Climate Event (PP)
#2 Shop party review – 150 stainless cups given out to minimize single-use plastic cups,
Recycled water bottles (not sure if recycle bins were present in Shop during party),
Composted oyster shells were put back into Quissett Harbor– thanks Scott Lindell!
- Ask bartenders to provide pitchers of water instead of plastic water bottles (SM)
- Or set up a Poland Springs water dispenser (SM)
#3 Meet your Match event on February 14th at Noon, MBL Swope- Meigs Room. MBL kindly waived fee for using their facility. Kyle Bonus of MassRides is making a poster. We’ll add our STF logo and send to MBL, SEA, NOAA and WHBA to advertise. Please bring your lunch or buy lunch at Swope. MassRides will provide light refreshments.
- Add USGS + WHRC to dissemination list (SM)
- Make Flyer (KB)
- Disseminate Flyer (SM)
- Bring coffee to encourage attendance (SM)
#4 Recycling #5 plastics (yogurt cups etc) – organize collection areas + pickup schedule
- Contact the #5 plastic organization to see if they offer collection boxes and pickup services (PP)
#5 LED lighting update- Clark Lab being updated throughout December.
- Lunch + Learn with Kelly Cota on Wednesday, January 24th 12:15 at Carriage House.
- Create a Lunch + Learn poster for LED Lights (SM)
#6 Solar update –
- Install on Fye + McLean Roof and will begin at the end of January!
- Off-site Solar projects are up and running! We see a credit on our utility bills.
- Plan post solar installation event at Fye- Date TBD (All)
- Arrange for Drone to record the solar panels and guests at Event (SM)
- Ask if Solar can be considered for Image of the Day (DP)
#7 VBike update - Ye Yao, of VBikes, tentatively scheduled to give presentation at the Feb 13th EDIC meeting (8:30am).
- Confirm Ye’s presentation at the Feb. 13 EDIC meeting (SM with Chris Land)
#8 New Business –
We discussed the various power sources generating electricity to the Grid in Massachussetts.