Women’s Committee Minutes
November 2, 2011
In attendance: Fay Cali, Kim Grodzki, Beth Ryan, Heather Benway, Dina Pandya, Ginny Edgcomb, Sylvia Cole, Liz Douglass, and Mary Murphy
Today’s meeting was a welcome lunch for new members Kelly Servant, Mary Murphy, Amanda Spivak, and Sylvia Cole. We also said a fond and sad farewell to departing members Fay Cali, Dina Pandya and Liz Douglass. Batons were passed…
- Kim Grodzki is now Chair
- Heather Benway is Web Master and Treasurer
- Beth Ryan is Secretary
- What the Committee does and how it works was discussed with new members.
- Final Womens Committee budget amount will be announced in January 2012; Diane McCarthy in the Directorate is the point of contact.
- A coffee hour needs to planned for January, theme set and a room secured.
- Ginny Edgcomb graciously volunteered to do another Self Defense class sometime mid March – a Monday, Wednesday or Friday preferably, perhaps at noon
- We need suggestions for possible events for Womens History month in March. Past examples: a web seminar, panel discussion and lecture by documentary filmmaker…
- Kim will update email list to reflect committee changes.
- Mitzi Crane suggested as speaker for the Annual Dinner in June, suggestions from new committee members welcome,
- Headlines announcement for locations of nursing lounges - Redfield, Cark, Bigelow and McClean suggested.
- Privacy screen for Bigelow nursing lounge and throw pillows for Redfield suggested, table and lamp still needed for Redfield