- The Reception Thursday June 14th is behind Fenno House on WHOI’s Quissett Campus from 6:00 – 7:30 PM.
- The Symposium on Friday June 15th is on the fifth floor of the Clark Laboratory on Quissett Campus from 8:30 AM – 3:00 PM.
- Parking is free and available in all lots on WHOI’s Quissett Campus.
Woods Hole is on the scenic Cape Cod peninsula 85 miles (90 minutes) from Boston's Logan Airport, and Green Airport in Providence, RI. Direct bus service from Logan Airport to Woods Hole and Falmouth by the Peter Pan bus line, which also provides service with bus change from Green Airport [More info and schedule at http://www.peterpanbus.com ]. The Sands of Time motel and Treehouse Lodge are within walking distance of WHOI's village campus and the Woods Hole bus terminal. The Inn on the Square is within walking distance of the Falmouth bus terminal, and 2 miles from the workshop venue.
Learn more about the Woods Hole community.
The two airports nearest to Woods Hole are Boston Logan Airport (BOS) and Providence T.F. Green Airport (PVD). Both airports are just about 80 miles (~128km) from Woods Hole, and both offer bus service (Peter Pan Bus Lines) to Falmouth and Woods Hole. Please check bus schedules ahead of time to make sure your flight does not arrive too late to catch the last bus.
Peter Pan/Bonanza Bus Service to Falmouth/Woods Hole is available from both airports. On Peter Pan’s web site put in Boston Logan Airport or T.F. Green Airport and then Falmouth or Woods Hole to get the correct schedules. Please note that bus trip from T.F Green will take more time because of bus transfers and is not as convenient as buses from Boston’s Logan Airport. At Boston’s Logan Airport, Peter Pan buses leave directly for Falmouth and Woods Hole, taking about 2 hours. The bus stops outside each terminal (exit ground floor of the baggage claim area) by an overhead sign that says “Scheduled Buses”. As there are only 9 trips a day, it’s best to try and coordinate your flight arrival time close to the bus departure time.
Alternatives to Bus Transportation
- Green Shuttle
- Long’s Taxi & Airport Transportation
- White Tie Limousine
- Enterprise Car Rental
- Falmouth Taxi
- Captain Kidd (bar/restaurant) 77 Water Street 508-548-8563
- Coffee Obsession (internet café) 38 Water Street 508-540-8130
- Pie in the Sky (bakery, sandwiches) 10 Water Street 508-540-5475
- Landfall Restaurant 9 Luscombe Ave. 508-548-1758
- Quicks Hole Tacqueria 6 Luscombe Ave. 508-495-0792
- Quicks Hole Tavern 29 Railroad Ave. 508-495-0048
- Shuckers Raw Bar in Woods Hole 91A Water Street 508-540-3850
- The 41-70 71 Water Street 508-457-3100
- Water Street Kitchen and Public House 56 Water Street 508-540-5656
- Woods Hole Market and Provision (small grocery store with sandwiches, pizza available)
- 87 Water Street Open 6:30 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. 508-540-4792
- The British Beer Company (pub) 263 Grand Avenue 508-540-9600
- Anejo Mexican Bistro and Tequila Bar (Mexican) 188 Main St. 508-388-7631
- Casino Wharf FX (water view) 286 Grand Ave. 508-540-6160
- Chapoquoit Grill (local favorite) 410 West Falmouth Highway 508-540-7794
- Coonamessett Inn Restaurant 311 Gifford St. 508-548-2300
- The Flying Bridge (water view- some outdoor dining) 220 Scranton Ave. 508-548-2700
- Glass Onion (pricey and very good) 37 North Main St. 508-540-3730 (reservations for 6+ only)
- Simply DiVine Pizza (great pizza) 271 Main St. 508-548-1222
- Osteria La Civetta (Italian), 133 Main Street Falmouth Phone: 508.540.1616
- C-Salt Wine Bar and Grille, 75 Davis Straits (Rte 28), Falmouth Phone: 774-763-2954
- Golden Swan (Indian cuisine) 323 Main St. 508-540-6580
- La Cucina Sul Mare (Italian cuisine) 237 Main St. 508-548-5600
- Maison Villatte Boulangerie (French bakery) 267 Main St. 774-255-1855
Weather & Dress Code
June brings daily temperatures ranging from 56 degrees to 72 degrees and average monthly precipitation around 3.1 inches. Lightweight clothing is appropriate with a light jacket or sweater for the cooler evening.
Dress code for the conference is casual.
(Downtime on Cape Cod: For those willing to brave the still cool waters bring swimsuits and shorts for the warmer days.)
Click here for up-to-the-minute weather.