Who can I approach if I have concerns?
Given individual circumstances, concerns can be brought to different people, including:
- Your supervisor/advisor
- Your department chair/manager
- Human Resources personnel (EEO Officer, Kathi Benjamin, x2705)
- Title IX Coordinator (Christine Charette, x2848)
- Academic Programs Office personnel (x2200)
- HR Reporting Concerns
- EthicsPoint (for anonymous reporting)
- Harassment Brochure (for additional information, resources, and contacts)
#MeToo 3 Minute Video Training from EmTrain
- Real World Questions - can I keep it confidential?
What to do about sexual harassment and conflict in the workplace
- If I was a Witness
How to go from being a bystander to being an UpStander by helping a colleague and yourself
- If It Happened to Me
What to do if something happens to you – How do you determine what to do?
Reports & References
- The Status of an Ombudsperson at WHOI: Information Sheet Summer 2020
- Workplace Climate Survey Executive Summary
- Diversity and Inclusion Report on Behalf of the Woods Hole Diversity Initiative
- NAS Impacts of Sexual Harassment in Academia
- NAS Workshop on Women of Color in Stem